he extra belly fat layer is the most stubborn kind of body fat and is really hard to get rid of it. But proper nutrition and a good workout plan can help you lose belly pooch and get ready for summer.
The Abs Challenge
This abs challenge is simple! You just have to follow these rules to lose belly pooch in 4-weeks:
- Do each of these 6 exercises for one minute without rest in between. Repeat for a total of 3 sets. Rest no more than 2 minutes in between sets.
- Work out 3 days in a row, rest for one day, work out 2 more days, then rest one day. Repeat.
- Start on Monday to get the rest days on Thursday and Sunday.
- Walk/run/jog 30-60 minutes every day. Every day!
- Don’t eat anything with sugar, bread, pasta, and fatty products.
- Eat lots of vegetables, poultry, and fruits.
- Foods that you can eat now and then include dairies, fatless meats, eggs, nuts, etc.
Follow this workout program for at least 4 weeks. Bear in mind that only after this period of time you’ll be able to see significant changes in your abdominal area.
The burn you feel after the first days is just your muscles telling you that you’re on the right path. So don’t stop until you reach your goal!
Best Exercises To Lose Belly Pooch
We’ve put together the most effective abdominal exercises to target your core area. Here they are:
1. Reverse Crunch
Here’s how to properly perform the reverse crunch:
- Lie faceup on the floor with your palms facing down.
- Keep your legs in a vertical position and keep them perpendicular on the floor during the entire exercise.
- Raise your hips off the floor and crunch them toward your chest. At the same time, maintain your legs straight.
- Pause for 2 seconds, then slowly lower your hips until they touch the floor. Repeat.
2. Scissors Exercise
The scissor exercise is easy to do and it really target your lower abs. So start cutting the air! 🙂
- Lie flat on your back, with your hands facing down by your sides. Don’t allow your lower back to sway (bend up too much).
- Lift your shoulders slightly off the floor.
- Keep your both legs off the floor by a couple of inches.
- Lift one leg up to the ceiling.
- Swap legs. Repeat.
3. Elbow To Knee Crunch
This exercise works your side abs and helps torch your overall fat. This is a must do exercise not only for this abs challenge, but for any workout that helps lose belly pooch. Here’s how to do it:
- Lie faceup on the floor. Keep your hands behind your head.
- Bend your knees and put the left ankle over the right knee. This is the starting position.
- Bring the left knee to the right elbow while slightly crunching up. Make sure to tighten your abs during the entire movement.
- Hold for a couple of seconds, then go back down. Repeat for 30 seconds.
- Then switch sides and do 30 more seconds.
4. Diagonal Plank
So, I’ve heard you like planks. How about a more intense version of this fat burning exercise? Here’s how to do it:
- Get down on all four, in a full plank (not elbow plank) position. Keep your body in a straight line from head to heels. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart.
- Raise the right arm and the left leg at the same time.
- Hold for 2 seconds, then get back into the plank position.
- Repeat with the opposite leg and arm.
5. Russian Twist
Maximize your abdominal strength with a purely insane exercise: the Russian twist. Here are the instruction to perform it correctly:
- Lie on your back with your arms extended above your chest holding together.
- Lift your back and legs off the floor and keep your balance on your butt only. Your back should be straight and your knees slightly bent.
- Rotate your body bringing your arms to one side.
- Return to the starting position and rotate to the opposite side.
6. Cross Body Mountain Climber
The final exercise is the one that makes you sweat like a pig. Do the cross body mountain climber exercise as fast as you can to increase your heart rate. Do as many reps as you can in one minute.
- Get down on all four in a plank position, with your arms fully extended under the shoulders. Your body should form a straight line from the head to the heels.
- Lift the right knee toward the left elbow.
- Lower the leg down, then raise the left knee toward the opposite elbow. Repeat.