It is booty day, are you ready to feel the burn in your glutes? We recommend you to do a lot of body weights strengthening a little plyo and a little cardio, which will amazingly blast calories. These six moves don’t require a gym or any equipment, so you can do them anywhere, anytime. Take five minutes to go through the entire circuit, or repeat it a few times to get an even stronger burn and a better workout.
Benefits: These moves will totally help runners get stronger legs, glutes, and glute meds, which is all amazing for injury prevention!
- Starting position – standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, slightly turned out, come in a deep squat with your arms in a “goal post” position
- Jumping up explosively, bring your feet together and clap your hands above your head, while your core is engaged.
- Land with control, and lower your body back into the sumo squat position, to complete one rep.
Perform jumping for 30 seconds.
- Starting position -standing with your weight on your left foot, keeping your hands together in front of you for balance.
- Bending your left knee, extend your right leg behind you,
- Driving your right knee toward your chest, bring your hands to meet your knee, to complete one rep.
- Perform as many reps for 30 seconds on both sides.
Single-Leg Touch and Hop
- Starting position – standing with your weight on your left foot and keeping back long, bend your left knee attempting to touch the floor with your right fingers.
- Swinging your right leg and left arm forward to return to standing position, hop once the torso is upright.
- Landing with control, slowly lower your torso and bend your knee to touch the floor again.
Repeat for 30 seconds on both sides.
- Starting position – standing with your feet hip-width, open your elbows wide and place your hands on your hips.
- Pulling your abs to your spine, and keeping your back neutral, press your butt backwards and hang at the hips, bringing your upper body almost parallel to the floor.
- Keep your knees a slight bend as you hinge forward.
- Returning to starting position complete one rep.
Perform it for 30 seconds.
- Starting position -on all fours (hands and knees),
- Keeping your right knee at a 90-degree angle, slowly raise your leg to the right, bringing it parallel to the ground, without lifting your right hip and keeping both hips squared toward the floor.
- Lower your leg back to the ground, with controlled movement, to complete one rep.
Perform the movements for 30 seconds on the right side, then switch to the left leg for another 30 seconds.
- Starting position – laying on your back, place your hands on the floor for stability, bend one leg and lift another off the ground.
- Keeping your body in a stiff bridge position, press your heel into the floor and lift your pelvis up,
- Lowering your body to the floor, repeat for 30 seconds on each side.