I like them big, round and juicy. Yep, August is National Peach Month! Who doesn’t like peaches!? To celebrate, I have a great butt workout so your backside will look as good as that delicious fruit! You don’t need any equipment, but if you want to take it to the next level, grab a set of dumbbells. Your Gluteus Maximus is the largest muscle in your body, so they can definitely handle it!
Complete 4 rounds of each exercise:
1.Donkey Kicks -15 (each side)
- Start with your hands and knees in a tabletop position.
- Pointing the right foot, lift the toes toward the sky and lower the knee down to hover.
- That’s one rep. Add a weight behind the knee for a more intense workout.
2.Curtsey Squats – 15 (each side)
- Start standing, bring your body weight into your right leg.
- Cross your left leg behind and across in a curtsey as you squat to lower.
- Push through your heel to come back to standing. That’s one rep.
- Hold a weight in both hands at your chest to really feel the burn!
3.Single Leg Step-Ins – 15 (each side)
- Step back into a low lunge. Keep your front knee at 90 degrees and your weight in your front heel.
- Lightly step the back leg in and out to tap.
- That’s one rep.
4.Grand Plié Squats – 20
- Bring feet out wide with heels in, toes out, and all your weight in the heels.
- Tuck your pelvic under, engage your core and keep your posture tall.
- Lower hips down in line with knees and straighten the legs. That’s one rep.
- Hold a weight in both hands at your chest to take it up a notch.
5.Single Leg Lifts – 15 (each side)
- Come to your hands and knees in a tabletop position.
- Extend your right leg long behind you, pointing the toe.
- Engage the glutes and slowly lift the leg up toward the sky while maintaining a slight tuck of your pelvic to protect your lower back.
- Gently tap the toe back to the floor. That’s one rep.
Add this workout in 3x a week to start lifting your butt up off your thighs, so you can score that nice round shape you’ve always wanted.