This recipe for peanut butter pecan bars is very simple and very easy to make. It is a low carb, high fat recipe and it consists of real ingredients.
Pecans are the lowest carb, highest fat nuts, but if you don’t want to use pecans you can always replace them with some other nuts. If you change the nuts make sure that you always adjust the carb count.
You can use crushed pecans, pecan halves or pieces the final result is always delicious.
- 2 cups pecans
- ½ cup peter pan creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup of organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon torani sugar free vanilla syrup
- Measure the pecans into 4 individual dishes: ½ cup per dish. You can use smaller plastic food storage containers.
- Combine ½ cup of peanut butter and ½ cup of coconut oil. You can use large glass measuring cup with a pour spout so you can mix and pour easily.
- Warm the two mixtures in a microwave just enough to melt both so that you can stir them together. Heat for 25 seconds and stir, then for another 25 seconds until it’s soft and creamy. Add the vanilla extract and the vanilla syrup and mix well.
- You should have about one cup of the coconut oil/ peanut butter mixture in the measuring cup. Measure out ¼ of the mixture over each of the pecan dishes. Stir just enough for all the nuts to be covered.
- Put the dishes in the refrigerator to set up.
Note: because the bars are large, half of one bar is a serving.
There are 3 net carbs per serving and 91% healthy fats, or 6 net carbs for an entire bar.