The ketogenic diet (often called keto diet ) dates back to the 1920s and was created by endocrinologist Dr. Henry Geyelin to treating epilepsy. In 1921 Geyelin found that kind of food which he recommended has a positive effect on how the body processes nutrients, leading to fewer attacks in patients. It is very similar to the Atkins diet.
Actually phase induction with the Atkins diet is ketogenic diet. Basic principle behind ketogenic diet is to reduce the carbohydrates intake and replace them with healthy fats and protein. In this article we will present you example of 7 day ketogenic diet meal plan.
7 Day Ketogenic Diet Meal Plan:
- Breakfast – Asparagus Poached Egg
- Lunch – HUGE Salad with grilled tuna fillet. Easy keto recipe. Some lettuce greens, sliced cucumber, sliced tomato, diced 1/4 avocado, some lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder sprinkled on top. Stir up, add the grilled tuna fillet and enjoy!
- Dinner – Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Snack – Kale Chips. These can be eaten any time of day really.
- Breakfast – Green Fruity Smoothie – Low carb fruit like strawberries, lemon, lime, tart apples, cucumber and some kind of greens (spinach, kale, arugula) blended well. Use water to help blend.
- Lunch – Zucchini Noodles (“zoodles”) with marinara sauce.
- Dinner – Chicken Fajita Soup
- Snack – Roasted almonds.
- Breakfast – Scrambled eggs with Spinach
- Lunch – Apple Cabbage Coleslaw. Make sure to use a tart apple. Simple light and fresh recipe. You’ll definitely be eating a rainbow with this one. Plus 1 grilled salmon fillet.
- Dinner – Sole Meuniere – Lemony fish for dinner with a nice salad.
- Snack – Celery sticks with almond butter spread on them.
- Breakfast – Egg and chives
- Lunch – Jumbo salad: greens of your choice, tomatoes, cucumber, roasted veggies (pick low carb ones), drizzle of tahini, pepper and garlic powder.
- Dinner – Garlic Chicken with Veggies
- Snack – Roasted sunflower seeds.
- Breakfast – Scrambled eggs with ground beef. Season with Bragg’s Liquid Amino’s and ground black pepper. Garlic might be good too!
- Lunch – Cucumber Tuna Boats – super fun and easy lunch idea.
- Dinner – Ground turkey patties (baked or fried) with salad greens.
- Snack – Fried zucchini rounds
- Breakfast – Egg muffins: made how you like them. Add whatever veggies or proteins you like.
- Lunch – Beef strips grilled in a pan with balsamic, salt and pepper. Serve with a side salad.
- Dinner – Skinny Me Chicken Soup
- Snack – Roasted Cauliflower Hummus with veggies.
- Breakfast – Anytime Veggie Frittata
- Lunch – Broccoli Soup
- Dinner – Chicken with Lemon
- Snack – Apple and Tahini – Make sure it’s a tart apple (usually green ones are tart). Dip your apple slices in tahini or other nut butter. YUM.