Every girl dreams of an ideal figure. You do not need to put your dreams to rest. We understand that you train several times a week but you are not yet seeing the desired results. And you are already getting bored with your usual workout. It is high time to try something new! Start tomorrow and make your dreams come true. During this workout you will work on your legs, hips and the upper part of your body. The workout consists of eight exercises. You should repeat them eight times. Also you might need equipment such as dumbbells. We are sure you will absolutely love this workout and will boast of your results to your friends.
1. Alternating Lunges
– Stand tall with your feet hip distance apart.
– Take a large step forward and lower your body toward the floor. Both legs should be bent at a 90-degree angle at the bottom of the lunge. Push off front leg to rise back up to start, and repeat on the other side.
2. Shoulder Press
– Hold a dumbbell in each hand and sit on a bench with back support.
– Plant your feet firmly on the floor about hip-width apart.
– Bend your elbows and raise your upper arms to shoulder height so the dumbbells are at ear level.
– Pull your abdominals in so there is a slight gap between the small of your back and the bench.
– Place the back of your head against the pad.
– Push the dumbbells up and in until the ends of the dumbbells touch lightly, directly over your head, and then lower the dumbbells back to ear level.
3. Plie Squats
– Stand with your feet spaced slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
– Point your toes very slightly outwards.
– Hold a dumbbell by one end with both hands between your legs.
– Keep your head up and your back straight.
– Lower yourself into a sitting position. Your thighs should be as parallel to the floor as you can get them.
– Press through your feet and push your hips forward to return to the starting position. Make sure that you keep your weight on your heels as you stand up.
4. Bicep Curls
– Don’t allow your shoulders and elbows to drift forward as you curl the weight up.
– Keep your elbows pinned at your sides at all times.
– Contract your triceps at the bottom of each rep.
– Keep your wrists aligned in a neutral or slightly extended position.
– Keep your back straight and minimize the use of the momentum.
– Stand with feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, hips stacked over knees, and knees over ankles.
– Roll the shoulders back and down away from the ears. Note: Allowing the back to round (like a turtle’s shell) will cause unnecessary stress on the lower back. It’s important to maintain a neutral spine throughout the movement.
6. Tricep Kickback
– Start with a dumbbell in each hand and your palms facing your torso. Keep your back straight with a slight bend in the knees and bend forward at the waist. Your torso should be almost parallel to the floor. Make sure to keep your head up. Your upper arms should be close to your torso and parallel to the floor.
– Now, while keeping your upper arms stationary, exhale and use your triceps to lift the weights until the arm is fully extended. Focus on moving the forearm.
– After a brief pause at the top contraction, inhale and slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position.
– Repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.