Cellulite is something that many of us wish could magically disappear. However, there’s a little more to it than just that. As an article from CNN indicates, there is no such thing as a quick-fix when it comes to blasting fat.
However, there are certainly options when it comes to minimizing existing cellulite and using proper techniques so that your body isn’t prone to develop more.
Cellulite is fat under the skin.
It appears bumpy because it is pressing against tissue. For many, it can diminish self-confidence and make it difficult to wear certain clothing. However, cellulite doesn’t have to be a life sentence. Instead, you can take charge by trying out these simple solutions for reducing the appearance of cellulite.
1. Diet If you are battling cellulite then know that you should be focused on a low-fat, low-calorie diet. It’s simple science that in order to shed fat you have to pay attention to what you are allowing in your body.
Focus on fueling your body for endurance and longevity rather than eating things that taste good, but have no nutritional value. Nutrition Data offers a comprehensive food list for a low-calorie diet. Some foods include:
• Yogurt, milk, cheese
• Raw vegetables (spinach, carrots, cucumber, etc.)
• Reduced-fat dressings
• Pork, chicken, lean beef, fish
• Whole wheat bread
• Beans and rice
• Fresh fruit (grapefruit, grapes, apples, etc.)
As you can see, these foods can be incorporated into a number of recipes. Be sure to check out the entire list for additional healthy options.
2. CirculationPoor circulation is the leading cause of cellulite. When blood-flow is slowed or compromised, it means that your skin is not receiving proper nutrients. Over time, the tissue breaks down, and cellulite can post up shop in your thighs, buttocks, and other trouble areas. Some things you can do to increase circulation include:
Described in an article from Livestrong, the act of body brushing works to stimulate circulation and ensure that nutrients are properly reaching the skin. Simply use a firm bristle brush on dry or wet skin. Be sure to make consistent movements toward the heart. Avoid areas that are injured or sensitive.
An article from CNN indicates that regular massage can also promote healthy circulation. Not only will it relax your body and mind, but it will also create the proper blood-flow for tissue to rejuvenate.
• Hot-to-Cold Showers
Hot-to-cold showers can work to boost circulation. The shock of the sudden transition from hot to cold can really get your juices flowing and help establish a good pattern of circulation. Allow your body to relax in a hot shower and then transition to a cold shower. You will feel refreshed from head to toe.
Everybody knows that proper exercise is beneficial for your overall wellbeing. However, it is especially true when it comes to battling cellulite. Strengthening and tightening your muscles by doing specific exercise can help reduce the appearance of cellulite. A few key activities described in an article from Prevention could help.
• Lying inner-thigh lift-Focuses on the inner thighs which can be a common problem area.
• Squat and side lift—This exercise keys in on the hamstrings, glutes, and quadriceps.
• One-leg lunge– This exercise works to tighten the buttocks and strengthen the legs.
Don’t let cellulite make you insecure. Take charge and do these things to fight back. Don’t forget to share with your friends